Instagram expanded access to link stickers in Stories to all users, globally.
- Instagram is expanding access to links in Stories to all users, globally.
- Links in Instagram Stories have been a hot spot for affiliate links and sponsored content.
- This new update could boost the businesses of “nano” influencers.
Getting access to the “swipe-up” feature on Instagram Stories, for many influencers, was a rite of passage.
But the ability to add a link in a Story post is no longer exclusive to users with over 10,000 followers or a verified account. Instagram announced today that it will globally expand access to adding “link stickers” to all users.
The decision has long been in the works, and Instagram said that user feedback requesting broader access impacted the social-media platform’s move.
It’s also important to note – especially for creators – that the coveted “swipe-up” has been retired. Now, users have the option to add a sticker to their story that directs people to “tap” the link instead, though the functionality is similar.
Having access to link sharing could be a big boost to some “micro” and “nano” influencers.
“When I was given access to be able to include a swipe up link in my stories, that was a big game-changer for affiliates,” Quigley Goode, an influencer now with 336,000 followers, told Insider last month.
Here’s a few ways this new update could impact influencers’ businesses:
- Nano influencers can now earn money from affiliate links on Stories. For many influencers, hitting the 10,000 follower threshold meant more than just breaking a new record. It often meant more income. Stories have become a lucrative platform for influencers to generate money by adding affiliate links to their content. With these trackable links, influencers could then earn a commission on the sales they drove.
- There could be more options for brand deals and sponsorship packages for nano influencers. Having access to links in Stories could open up more opportunities for nano influencers working with brands. The ability to include a link is an added bonus for brands, and makes creators more valuable assets for driving sales and traffic to e-commerce sites. Some sponsorships for these smaller creators could now incorporate affiliate links in Stories as part of a content package.
- Influencers can promote their own courses, digital products, events, and blogs. As the world …….